New! Print and Digital Gallery for 2015
At NACIS 2015, we’ll be assembling a gallery of the very best maps and other displays that the cartographic world has to offer, and we want you to be a part of it. Dabblers and professionals alike are encouraged to submit their work for display in our Map Gallery at Minneapolis. We encourage you to show off your best recent cartographic projects, from experimental techniques to finished products.
In addition to the stellar print maps that we regularly showcase in our Gallery each year, in Minneapolis we’re trying something new. We’ve had requests for displaying digital works in the past, but logistical issues have stopped us from being able to accommodate those displays. At NACIS 2015, we’ve decided to try to solve this problem by using a ‘Bring Your Own Device strategy’ for map gallery attendees. If you would like to showcase a digital work, we encourage you to create a small poster that includes a QR code. Your posters will be hung in the gallery along with the print maps, and will be flagged to indicate a digital work to ensure the conference attendees are aware that they have a digital component to them. We will also be publicizing this new display section in the preliminary program so that people come to the gallery with a QR code reader installed on their devices.
Registration of all works, print or digital, is required.
Students are also encouraged to show their work off at NACIS. They should register their print maps for the Student Map and Poster Competition, or their digital dynamic maps for the Student Dynamic Map Competition.
All entries must be submitted by September 11th, 2015 midnight CST.
- To allow space for all participants, please ensure your display has a maximum width of 48″. Maximum height should be 36″.
- If your display exceeds the maximum dimensions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exemption. For especially large items, we may require that you provide your own display setup.
- Posters should be 17″ x 11″. A downloadable sample template is available from the registration page.
- QR codes can be generated for free from the following website: http://www.qrstuff.com/index.html
- Attendance at the conference is not required, but is strongly encouraged. You are responsible for ensuring your display is at the meeting on time, is properly set up, and is taken down at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Please contact Martha Bostwick email@example.com with any questions.