

## **NACIS 2014: September Board Meeting - Skype**

*Wednesday, September 24th, 12-1pm Pacific.*

### **Summary of Tasks identified from the September Meeting**

Synthesis of activities and tasks identified during the meeting for follow-up consideration and/or completion

#### **General**

- EM and NVK: make sure that the minutes do not go up on nacis.org until after Pat's published the announcement about Nick in CP.

#### **Awards Committee**

- Martha: Will make recommendations to Awards Committee re: budget and student travel grants in her annual report (for Pittsburgh)

#### **Communications & Outreach Committee**

- NVK: coordinate with DH and Katie about social media release of the fun playful animation that Matt's done in his spare time
- NVK: turn registrations with twitter handle into a twitter list (follow up with Daniel and Katie)

#### **Continuity Committee**

- —

#### **Finance Committee**

- —

#### **Membership Benefits Committee**

- —

#### **Nominations Committee**

- —

#### **Web Refresh Committee**

- NVK: Will sit down with Sam and Susan and prioritize things for a new winter 2014 contract with Geographics.
- NVK: Will add people to the About the Society web page: Adam for Nacis News, Katie for social media.

#### **Atlas of Design Committee**

- Daniel and editorial team: will distribute review copies to get publicity on major websites, such as Flowing Data (Nathan Yau)
- Daniel: ship books to Amazon for fulfillment
- Daniel: bring extra copies to meeting.
- Daniel: send out another email for pre-purchase for meeting pick up.

#### **Local Arrangements/NACIS 2014**

- Alex: Can discuss at next board meeting coordination of all online tools to manage meeting.
- Alex to talk to MapBox re: workshop (they are at room capacity).
- Alex to send email to presenters to remind them to register
- Susan and Alex to figure out bags
- Susan: to print big block of badges and put it together in advance.
- Matt Herman will bring t-shirts to meeting.
- Leo: will bring cash change for t-shirt purchase.
- Alethea: to moderate Mapping Mobilities
- NVK: arrange AV during meeting and work with Lou ahead of meeting on AV contract.
- EDs: give board members direction about how we're most useful. eg. making sure the session tile placards are updated between session.
- Everyone else, please contact folks you'd love to see at NACIS and ask if they're going to attend
- NVK: We expect all board members Tuesday evening. Will meet about tying up loose ends, supporting Alex, getting everything right.
- Alethea and Maggie: coordinate "I love NACIS because..." photo shoot
- NVK: been interested in doing a group shot somewhere.
- Leo: brief note on swag: on Tuesday meeting we can decide what we're going to do, we have plenty of high quality prizes we're going to give.
- Susan & Alex: Arrange Tuesday dinner details for Tuesday board meeting.

### **Cartographic Perspectives**

- 

### **CartoTalk**

- \_\_\_\_\_

## **Board Composition:**

### **Executive Leadership**

Lou Cross | Executive Director-Annual Meeting Operators (will step down 10/2014)*(regrets)*

Tanya Buckingham | Executive Director-Annual Meeting Operations (term expires 1/2016)  
*(regrets)*

Susan Peschel | Business Operations (untermmed)

Daniel Huffman | Executive Director-Operations (term expires 1/2019)

### **Officers**

Neil Allen | Past President (term expires 10/2014)

Nathaniel Kelso | President (term expires 10/2014)

Alex Tait | Vice President & Program Chair Pittsburgh (term expires 10/2014)

Amy Griffin | VP-Elect (term expires 10/2014) *(regrets)*

Jenny Marie Johnson | Treasurer (term expires 10/2014)

Eliana Macdonald | Secretary (term expires 10/2015)

### **Board of Directors (returning)**

Martha Bostwick (term expires 10/2014)

Leo Dillon (term expires 10/2014)*(regrets)*

Alethea Steingisser (term expires 10/2014)

### **Board of Directors (newly elected)**

Elaine Guidero | Student Board Member (term expires 10/2014)

Mamata Akella (term expires 10/2015)*(regrets)*

Maggie Smith (term expires 10/2015)

Andy Woodruff (term expires 10/2015)

### **Ex-officio Members**

Patrick Kennelly | Editor of Cartographic Perspectives

Hans van der Maarel | Editor of CartoTalk *(regrets)*

## Meeting opened at 1:06 pm Pacific

- Minutes Recorded by Eliana Macdonald
- [Agenda](#)

## Welcome | Nathaniel

### Adoption of minutes from SBM and July | Nathaniel

- Motion to approve Spring Board meeting minutes: Leo moves to approve them, Neil seconds the motion. Unanimously approved.
- NVK: July board meeting skype call. Question about making announcement of student winner and posting the minutes. Also, delete an unfinished sentence.
- Martha moves to approve the July minutes, Jenny seconded the motion. Unanimously approved as amended.

## Pittsburgh | Alex

- Alex: print version of program went to printer last night with a few small revisions. On-line version ready to go using Sched. Amy and I happy with it. Can discuss at next board meeting coordination of all online tools.
  - 218 registrations as of Sept 24th, Daniel predicts 270-300 total by the meeting.
  - Tilemill workshop at capacity for the room, about 14-40 people for the others. Need to tell MapBox (on Alex).
  - field trips registration not going well, except walking tour. people prefer workshops to field trips.
  - hotel space looking good
  - So far 128 registrations for PCD (will also grow)
  - AV contract/providers is last big thing
  - need to send email to presenters to remind them to register
- Have you figured out bags, Susan?
  - Susan: they've told me they're doing it.
  - Alex: will make sure that it gets done. Have program, lanyard, badges, anything else? Snacks.
- Susan: I've ordered name tags, will print big block of badges tomorrow or Friday, put it together in advance. Think we're good
- Alex: we might want to discuss t-shirt sales. Mamata has ordered t-shirts, will be shipped Matt Herman and he will bring to meeting. Need to have someone other than Susan coordinate this.
  - Leo: will have 96 t-shirts to sell. Leo and Mamata can take care of selling them. Excess revenue from sales will go to student travel grants (general consensus). Won't but much money, just a couple hundred dollars. Other problem: dealing with payments for shirts (cash ideal, credit card possible).
  - Susan: if they have credit card, can use Square, but when it's calm. I have an inventory for t-shirts. Cash will work out best.
  - Leo: I'm prepared to come with a bunch of tens to make change. Mamata and I can oversee that part. We'll make sure the money gets accounted for somehow. We'll do all the work, but may ask a couple people to help between meetings, etc.
- Alex: I have one session chair slot that hasn't been filled yet: Thurs morning at 8:30 am. Mapping mobilities. I have every board member signed up for every board session.
  - NVK: I'm willing to stand in if you haven't filled that slot.
  - Alethea: I will be in that session but not presenting. An author on a paper. I can

moderate it if that works

- NVK: I will be busy with AV. Alex, you have me Susan and Jenny on it. It would be helpful for the executive directors to make sure we're most useful. eg. making sure the session tile placards are updated between session. Everything else pretty much good.
- Everyone else, please contact folks you'd love to see at NACIS and ask if they're going to attend to bump numbers up.
- NVK: We expect all board members Tuesday evening. Will have light refreshments. Will meet about tying up loose ends, supporting Alex, getting everything right.

#### Awards Committee | Martha

- Map Gallery: about 75 maps combined (SMPC and General Gallery). Plus a few others (A few people have asked about digital displays, one guy bringing own easel, a few books on tables, etc.), 34 for student poster competition. Good turnout overall - bigger than last year. All stands ordered (foam core boards). SMPC Ballots ready to go. At capacity.
- Professional Travel Grants this year took \$1500 out of our budget.
- Student grants: there was miscommunication on website, it read like it was only for undergrads, but it's also for grad students. We felt we needed to extend deadline for grad students to be fair. We've gone over what we initially budgeted by quite a bit (in consultation with Susan and Treasurer), as there were a record number (29). Almost 3x the number that applied last year.
- Leo: awards committee needs to discuss limits and how we can budget for the 2015 meeting. Work to do in terms of trying to come up with ways of being able to say no or get more money from budget.
- Martha: yes, will make recommendations for next year's awards committee that I will pass on based on the last few weeks' conversations.
- Leo: brief note on swag: on Tuesday meeting we can decide what we're going to do, we have plenty of high quality prizes we're going to give.
- NVK: new registration form does contain donation space for student travel, so have \$385 for students next year. Good to know for budgeting for next year.

#### Web Refresh | Nathaniel

- NVK: we are live with new Nacis.org. Seems mostly to be working well, countdown, etc. Mostly working through problems, a few growing pains switching systems. Important that we have a new, fresh face for folks. That includes styling of mail communication with MailChimp, benefits that have been coming out too for membership. Good engagement level with folks. Key thing is drumming up interest in public, visible portion of the site, and the back office tooling that supports the meeting (registration, AoD sales, etc.). A couple loose ends that I've been keeping track of with Susan and Sam. Geographics has hourly rate that's pretty good. Will sit down with Sam and Susan and prioritize things for Geographics to chew things over the winter as a new contract. One or two rough edges, but a huge improvement. Thank you everyone for help.
- Martha: who has permissions to update content?
- NVK: all board members have basic permissions to edit content, a few other people have super admin privileges. Everyone can edit their own profile, etc, but some other pages as appropriate. If your access is funky, email me.

#### Membership Benefits Committee | Nathaniel

- NVK: Mamata can't join us, forwarded me some info. Announcements of new NACIS member benefits have gone out (NG Maps), and one in the queue (Alamo car rental discount). Probably send out email about Alamo soon. Joins National Geographic map in the members benefits,

member only section of the new site. Have a couple of these benefits now that are monetary, not just cheaper meeting registration. Still seeking Adobe or ESRI discount. More should come in over the next year, already on pretty good roll. Adobe said no. (Let's all switch to inkscape instead!) A few more things Mamata has been working on: t-shirts and stickers. And the "I love NACIS because..." photo shoot - been able to do anything?

- Maggie: I could photograph, haven't been able to follow those discussions.
- NVK: been interested in doing a group shot somewhere. Other geo-conferences have been doing this. Would be lovely to have a photo of everyone.

#### **Atlas of Design | Daniel**

- Daniel: we've pushed close to 200 books so far, going pretty well. We haven't really had anything to show people, will distribute review copy and get promotion on Nathan Yau's website, helped with pre-sales before. Ready at the end of the month, before meeting. Things are coming along. Winding down a bunch of the work we're doing, Getting ready to put into people's hands.
- NVK: do you need any more feedback from board?
- Daniel: I'm all set to ship books to Amazon for fulfillment, I'm doing it since I'm familiar with the process.
- NVK: probably some coordination to do for people purchasing cash vs. credit card for AoD and t-shirt. Are you bringing extra copies of the book to the meeting?
- Daniel: yes, have close to 40 people who are picking up, will make sure that we send out another email for pre-purchase.

#### **Request to add Adam/Katie/other outreach volunteers to NACIS website people page | Daniel**

- NVK: Will add people: Adam for Nacis News, Katie for social media. I'm not excited about adding tons of people. Should be limited to full time editors, not occasional volunteers.
- Daniel: all of this falls under the communications stuff, that is DOO position delegating. Followers quadrupled since Katie took over. High professional level, which is nice. Working out a social media strategy and tone. Now have a social media command centre on an iPad (will be used in Pittsburgh during annual meeting).
- NVK: most of the registrations have twitter handles, turn into a twitter list. Will follow up with DH and Katie off-line. Katie's social media campaigns have definitely raised the profile of NACIS. Was at a great time, coordinated with new nacis.org launch, well done.

#### **Other business?**

- NVK: Alex working on special gift for Lou.
- NVK: Matthew Hampton has been playing with animating an old print of Pittsburgh. See: <http://nacis.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Pittsburgh1902AliveSmall.gif>. NVK will coordinate with DH and Katie about social media release the fun playful thing that Matt's done in his spare time, having fun rendering this. Thank you Matt and Alex making it happen.
- NVK: thanks board, for your hard work the last year.
- Alex: See yinz in Pitts.

#### **Meeting Adjourned at 2:02 pm Pacific**

#### **Skype chat:**

[1:02:22 PM] \*\*\* Group call \*\*\*

[1:02:34 PM] Nathaniel: And we're back?

[1:02:52 PM] Eliana Macdonald: i'm back

[1:02:55 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I'm back but still can't hear anyone :(

[1:03:01 PM] mrrmunion: I have rejoined  
[1:03:02 PM] awwoodruff: I'm back too  
[1:03:24 PM] Nathaniel: I seem to be in chat but not voice  
[1:03:48 PM] Alex Tait: did you add Leo yet? he called me directly  
[1:04:09 PM] pat.kennelly: Good!  
[1:04:12 PM] Susan Peschel: great!  
[1:04:20 PM] \*\*\* Leo Dillon can now participate in this chat. \*\*\*  
[1:04:23 PM] mrrmunion: I am quietly listening  
[1:06:48 PM] Eliana Macdonald: ye[  
[1:06:49 PM] Eliana Macdonald: p  
[1:07:38 PM] Eliana Macdonald: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lp7IKy7Cpr\\_m6QGuzYqVR05DjneJMJIcl7E57DhtQMw/edit](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lp7IKy7Cpr_m6QGuzYqVR05DjneJMJIcl7E57DhtQMw/edit)  
[1:07:45 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I am having major technical problems. Can't hear anything. I'm going to grab another laptop and will be back  
[1:07:48 PM] Eliana Macdonald: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ilgS9RRrc1UetDXohiWfDtw0vvLLCInyJEYyf7LmwGY/edit>  
[1:08:50 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: They're displaying VERY SLOWLY on my end!!!! I haven't been able to skim through!!  
[1:08:59 PM] Neil Allen: Second  
[1:09:24 PM] Eliana Macdonald: aye  
[1:09:24 PM] Alex Tait: Aye  
[1:09:25 PM] Nathaniel: yep  
[1:09:27 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: aye!!  
[1:09:27 PM] awwoodruff: aye  
[1:09:32 PM] Neil Allen: I  
[1:09:40 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: with a parrot on my shoulder  
[1:10:10 PM] Alex Tait: N need to add Martha  
[1:10:23 PM] \*\*\* Nathaniel added Martha Bostwick \*\*\*  
[1:10:37 PM] Nathaniel: Martha, are you there?  
[1:10:41 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Question on July minutes  
[1:10:55 PM] Martha Bostwick: Martha is in  
[1:11:29 PM] mrrmunion: I think I need to reconnect; everyone sounds very warbled.  
[1:11:39 PM] Alex Tait: Same here, sound is horrible  
[1:11:43 PM] Martha Bostwick: totally warbly  
[1:11:56 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Lots of breaking up.  
[1:11:57 PM] Eliana Macdonald: jenny do you mean posted on the continuity portal or website?  
[1:12:15 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: On the website -- anyplace that is "public" -- it needs to not go up until the right time  
[1:12:37 PM] Leo Dillon: I'm getting very poor sound too.  
[1:12:59 PM] Eliana Macdonald: i'll delete it!  
[1:13:10 PM] mrrmunion: Does it perhaps mean items of 3rd level priority?  
[1:13:11 PM] Martha Bostwick: I couldn't hear whatNathaniel said?  
[1:13:13 PM] mrrmunion: From our requests?  
[1:13:32 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Problem seems to be if multiple people have live mics.  
[1:14:05 PM] Alex Tait: Still warbled sound  
[1:14:27 PM] Nathaniel: Is there a motion to approve the July minutes?  
[1:14:28 PM] Neil Allen: Second  
[1:14:29 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Second  
[1:14:32 PM] Nathaniel: Is there a second?  
[1:14:43 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: aye  
[1:14:45 PM] Eliana Macdonald: aye  
[1:14:46 PM] Nathaniel: aye  
[1:14:48 PM] awwoodruff: aye  
[1:14:50 PM] Leo Dillon: Aye aye  
[1:14:54 PM] Neil Allen: i  
[1:14:57 PM] Martha Bostwick: aye  
[1:15:47 PM] Nathaniel: Alex  
[1:16:05 PM] Nathaniel: cool  
[1:16:42 PM] Nathaniel: Are you using IVvy at all now?  
[1:17:08 PM] mrrmunion: Yes, thereabouts. Haven't checked numbers today  
[1:17:19 PM] mrrmunion: We'll definitely surpass Greenville

[1:18:00 PM] awwoodruff: Do you have numbers for PCD?

[1:18:15 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: I'm wondering if having the program contents (and speakers with papers) posted on the website has assisted in convincing folks to come to the meeting

[1:18:17 PM] Alex Tait: 128 for PCD

[1:18:22 PM] awwoodruff: thanks!

[1:18:55 PM] Susan Peschel: hotel hasn't provided AV estimate yet. I've asked Jamie a few times.

[1:19:03 PM] Nathaniel: Yes, I'm tracking AV with Lou.

[1:19:24 PM] Nathaniel: I'll be managing the AV during the meeting, but it's Lou who should arrange the contract.

[1:19:38 PM] Nathaniel: He's made some progress, but it's not finalized yet. I'll prioritize that with him this week.

[1:20:32 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I am back. Sorry all. I can hear you now but it's still pretty terrible, but it's something!

[1:20:49 PM] Nathaniel: (it's choppy for me, too)

[1:21:00 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: We're all under water in our individual submarines

[1:21:17 PM] Susan Peschel: BTW, we do have to arrange for Tuesday dinner. That always falls through cracks.

[1:21:41 PM] Susan Peschel: I created an inventory for the t-shirts

[1:21:46 PM] \*\*\* Nathaniel added elaineguidero \*\*\*

[1:21:50 PM] Nathaniel: Welcome Elaine

[1:21:54 PM] Susan Peschel: I can eventually sell them, just not in the beginning.

[1:22:22 PM] Nathaniel: how much \$ are we talking about?

[1:22:27 PM] Nathaniel: you mean excess revenue?

[1:22:41 PM] Martha Bostwick: I think it's a great idea.

[1:22:41 PM] Susan Peschel: IF we sell 74 t-shirts to break even

[1:22:52 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: \$200 is a nice amount to add to the student travel grant for next year.

[1:23:04 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Payment method for t-shirt?

[1:23:06 PM] Nathaniel: Susan and Jenny are fine with it, so sounds good.

[1:23:10 PM] Susan Peschel: cash

[1:23:16 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Credit card -- can only be done by Susan

[1:23:34 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Calm = beginning Thursday afternoon

[1:23:48 PM] Nathaniel: We might also be able to set someone up with laptop and Stripe website...

[1:24:18 PM] Nathaniel: Should we schedule t-shirt sales during morning, break, lunch, and 5 pm?

[1:24:32 PM] Nathaniel: Don't think we need sales staffing during sessions

[1:24:38 PM] mrmunion: We could put a few out with a sign saying when they will be on sale.

[1:24:48 PM] Nathaniel: Thank you!

[1:24:52 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Let's make a decision about t-shirt sales time on Tuesday evening

[1:25:08 PM] Nathaniel: +1 to what Jenny said.

[1:25:11 PM] Alex Tait: Good, plan, settle times for sales at Tuesday board meeting

[1:25:19 PM] Alex Tait: I only have 1 more thing

[1:25:23 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: And who's going to be doing the sales when

[1:26:17 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I will be in that session but not presenting. An author on a paper. I can moderate it if that works

[1:26:24 PM] mrmunion: If you'd like we can put out a request on Twitter

[1:26:28 PM] Alex Tait: Yeah! Thanks Alethea!

[1:26:38 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I'm an author on the presentation that a grad student is giving

[1:27:06 PM] Alex Tait: That is fine.

[1:27:25 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: I'd be happy to pull session signs off and up date as needed

[1:27:31 PM] mrmunion: Happy to help out. Let me know what I can do.

[1:28:09 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Our NEW GIS guy is coming -- he's heard only good things from me about NACIS!!!

[1:28:16 PM] Susan Peschel: Most of our usual Penn State ppl aren't registered! We're meeting there for them!!

[1:28:30 PM] Susan Peschel: Our new GIS gal is coming!

[1:28:38 PM] Leo Dillon: My office has three people yet to register - we can't until October....

[1:28:43 PM] elaineguidero: Sorry about Penn State people. They are being lame.

[1:28:45 PM] Alex Tait: We'll get dinner this year, right?

[1:28:49 PM] mrmunion: Twist some arms

[1:28:54 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: We had PIZZA last year, I think

[1:28:58 PM] Martha Bostwick: I'm sending out a note to all Map Gallery and SMPC people, I'll put in a reminder to register.

[1:29:00 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: It was late arriving

[1:29:21 PM] Nathaniel: Take it away...

[1:29:29 PM] Susan Peschel: Someone has to think about dinner on Tuesday if we're doing dinner...

[1:29:44 PM] Alex Tait: I'm thinking lots about it...



[1:29:54 PM] Alex Tait: We have a big budget, right?

[1:30:00 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: If Alex T is thinking about it -- it will be done!

[1:30:45 PM] mrrmunion: We should think about having a more formal way for people to show digital works in the future. There's increasing demand for it; people want to bring laptops, etc.

[1:30:59 PM] Alex Tait: It is on my agenda for next year tasks!

[1:31:02 PM] Susan Peschel: Budget for Tuesday dinner? No, but we can cover it...or folks come with their own.

[1:31:10 PM] mrrmunion: @Alex: Excellent!

[1:32:04 PM] Alethea Steingisser: What about laptop stations during the map gallery opening night?

[1:32:06 PM] elaineguidero: Should I be listening to this?

[1:32:08 PM] elaineguidero: ;)

[1:32:26 PM] Nathaniel: All those shiny NACIS News Blasts!

[1:32:32 PM] mrrmunion: Great that so many students are interested

[1:32:33 PM] Susan Peschel: superb!

[1:32:41 PM] elaineguidero: I think I applied but it doesn't matter to me how the awards are allocated.

[1:32:48 PM] mrrmunion: We have received \$385 in donations via registration so far, marked for grants.

[1:32:59 PM] Nathaniel: I hear you

[1:33:33 PM] Nathaniel: @Martha and Leo, please prepare more detail on this problem for Pittsburgh in your annual report

[1:33:41 PM] Leo Dillon: \$385 - great start!

[1:33:47 PM] Nathaniel: We'll make a decision on this at our next SBM for the annual budget

[1:35:09 PM] Martha Bostwick: I'll be preparing detailed notes on the issues that came up this year in the awards, along with some recommendations for the new committee to think over.

[1:36:54 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about the new website - both usability and design!

[1:38:47 PM] Neil Allen: Well done

[1:38:51 PM] mrrmunion: Exactly =)

[1:41:45 PM] Maggie Smith: Adobe said no :(

[1:41:59 PM] mrrmunion: Boo

[1:42:03 PM] elaineguidero: indeed : (

[1:42:06 PM] mrrmunion: Let's all switch to Inkscape instead.

[1:42:12 PM] elaineguidero: Ew, no

[1:42:54 PM] Maggie Smith: Hmm not sure

[1:43:01 PM] Nathaniel: yes!

[1:43:41 PM] Maggie Smith: Ok I can do that

[1:43:47 PM] Maggie Smith: I'll bring my camera

[1:43:58 PM] Maggie Smith: Happy to get some event shots in general

[1:44:31 PM] Maggie Smith: I can follow up with Mamatha & crew about the social idea

[1:44:32 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I can bring my camera as well

[1:44:40 PM] Nathaniel: thank you!

[1:44:48 PM] Nathaniel: paging daniel

[1:45:07 PM] Susan Peschel: last year there was a big group photo of UW Madison folks; could do same for Penn State; Univ. of Oregon and any other larger group of folks that are there.

[1:45:28 PM] Nathaniel: good idea on smaller group photos as well

[1:46:22 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I've done event photography in a formal way for a long time. Maggie, we'll coordinate.

[1:47:39 PM] Maggie Smith: Sounds good alethea!

[1:47:44 PM] Susan Peschel: Alethea, it does take some coordination or those types of things get lost in the chaos of a meeting. So, there could be a sign posted at registration area to have X or Y group show up at a certain time before banquet or some other good time.

[1:49:01 PM] Susan Peschel: daniel, where did you go?

[1:49:08 PM] Nathaniel: sound quality sucks, sorry folks

[1:49:09 PM] Alethea Steingisser: Great idea, Susan! Maggie - let's chat via email after and we'll make plans

[1:49:15 PM] Martha Bostwick: uh oh, I lost everyone?

[1:49:15 PM] Alex Tait: i lost all sound

[1:49:16 PM] Nathaniel: I just lost audio

[1:49:16 PM] mrrmunion: Hmm

[1:49:18 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I think I got booted off the call

[1:49:29 PM] Alex Tait: Nathaniel should I try calling from here?

[1:49:30 PM] Leo Dillon: Me too

[1:49:31 PM] pat.kennelly: I lost audio...

[1:49:35 PM] Susan Peschel: someone put another quarter in the meter...

[1:49:36 PM] Nathaniel: Alex, yes

[1:49:43 PM] Nathaniel: wait for it...

[1:49:47 PM] Susan Peschel: back!

[1:49:54 PM] \*\*\* Group call \*\*\*

[1:50:16 PM] pat.kennelly: I'm back

[1:50:16 PM] Neil Allen: Back and better

[1:50:19 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: And I was gone -- managed to disconnect from our wireless network! Oops!

[1:50:35 PM] mrrmunion: It's not letting me reconnect.

[1:50:35 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: I'm still here.....

[1:50:48 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Sound is MUCH better all of a sudden!

[1:51:14 PM] Alethea Steingisser: I'm back.

[1:51:15 PM] awwoodruff: I can't seem to reconnect either

[1:51:20 PM] mrrmunion: Restarting Skype

[1:51:23 PM] Alethea Steingisser: The sound IS better

[1:51:26 PM] Martha Bostwick: Can't reconnect

[1:51:27 PM] pat.kennelly: It is better sound

[1:52:07 PM] mrrmunion: Maybe we're not allowed back in because we're the ones responsible for the bad sound =)

[1:52:20 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: I didn't notice any change at all.

[1:52:26 PM] Nathaniel: Daniel, can you hear me?

[1:52:42 PM] Nathaniel: I'll coordinate with you and Adam for the final AoD email notice

[1:52:43 PM] mrrmunion: I am not on the call anymore. I can't rejoin.

[1:52:45 PM] Martha Bostwick: Okay, back!

[1:53:12 PM] awwoodruff: I made it back

[1:53:24 PM] Neil Allen: Only works in oregon

[1:53:34 PM] Nathaniel: everyone can apparently see that chats

[1:53:39 PM] Nathaniel: but not everyone can hear

[1:53:53 PM] Nathaniel: I'll type and talk

[1:54:00 PM] Nathaniel: moving on from Atlas of Design

[1:54:16 PM] Alex Tait: There seems to be a problem adding people to a different call, sorry

[1:54:17 PM] Nathaniel: Daniel had proposal for Adam/Katie/other outreach volunteers adding to nacis website

[1:54:28 PM] Nathaniel: I can certainly do that, I'll take that action item.

[1:54:34 PM] Nathaniel: But it should only be an editor for each

[1:54:42 PM] Nathaniel: so let's coordinate NVK and DH for that

[1:55:08 PM] mrrmunion: Can you clarify "an editor for each"? Not sure what that means.

[1:55:24 PM] Nathaniel: for here: <http://nacis.org/about/people/>

[1:55:36 PM] mrrmunion: I seem to have returned to the call

[1:55:44 PM] Nathaniel: We can add each Adam and Katie to that bottom section of other NACIS initiativeves

[1:56:26 PM] Alethea Steingisser: Not sure what's going on with the call. I have another meeting at 1. I will follow up on the minutes for the rest of the meeting, and Maggie- I'll be in touch.

[1:56:37 PM] Nathaniel: we're basically done, thanks

[1:56:41 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: Sound seems to beginning to degrade again.....

[1:56:42 PM] Nathaniel: couple random things to wrap up

[1:56:51 PM] Nathaniel: bye Alethea!

[1:57:07 PM] Nathaniel: She's been great!

[1:57:11 PM] Alethea Steingisser: See you all in Pitt! You know where to find me if you have any last minute things come up that you need help with

[1:57:15 PM] Nathaniel: tnx

[1:57:49 PM] Martha Bostwick: can someone call Alex in, he just messaged me that he'd totally disconnected

[1:57:56 PM] Alex Tait: I'm on chat, just no sound

[1:58:13 PM] mrrmunion: Sounds good.

[1:58:23 PM] Alex Tait: Ha!

[1:58:31 PM] Leo Dillon: I'm planning on being in P'burgh as early as possible on Tuesday - anyone needing help before the business meeting shoot me a message.

[1:59:02 PM] Nathaniel: hi Alex

[1:59:13 PM] Nathaniel: NVK will talk about Matt's work

[1:59:26 PM] Alex Tait: <http://nacis.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Pittsburgh1902Alive.gif>

[1:59:44 PM] Leo Dillon: Coool!  
[2:00:07 PM] mrmunion: Fun!  
[2:00:09 PM] Neil Allen: I'll be in touch with NVK about election results on oct 2. Otherwise safe travels to all!  
[2:00:35 PM] Alex Tait: See yinz in Pitts.  
[2:00:46 PM] Nathaniel: asking for any other agenda items?  
[2:01:09 PM] Nathaniel: no  
[2:01:23 PM] Nathaniel: yes, it's lou's last meeting  
[2:01:42 PM] mrmunion: Tanya & Neil are putting this together  
[2:02:08 PM] Leo Dillon: Maybe a giant donut from a P'burgh bakery?  
[2:02:14 PM] mrmunion: Ha!  
[2:02:37 PM] Susan Peschel: buh bye  
[2:02:41 PM] Jenny Marie Johnson: see you in a couple of weeks!  
[2:02:51 PM] mrmunion: I hope you all sound less warbled in person.  
[2:03:05 PM] Alex Tait: hope i get my hearing back by then. see you soon!  
[2:03:08 PM] pat.kennelly: Thanks, see everyone in Pittsburgh soon!  
[2:03:08 PM] Nathaniel: that's it!  
[2:03:12 PM] mrmunion: Thanks! See you all later.  
[2:03:13 PM] Leo Dillon: Primanti Bros. sandwich... se you there.