About the competition
The North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) recognizes the importance of dynamic mapping in cartography. We are sponsoring the 18th Annual Student Dynamic Map Competition to promote cartographic excellence and innovation in this versatile medium.
There are two competition categories: individual projects and group projects.
Each map will be judged by a panel of three professional cartographers. The winners will be announced (and demonstrated) during the 2017 NACIS annual meeting in Montréal.
Registration and Deadline
Entries for the 2017 competition must be received by May 31st, 2017. There is no entry fee.
Cash prizes of $500 will be awarded to both the best individual and best group entry. At the discretion of the judges, additional noteworthy maps may receive an honorable mention award. All first place and honorable mention maps will receive award certificates.
Eligibility & Rules
- Entrants must have been enrolled in a certificate program, undergraduate, or graduate/post-graduate program during the 2016–17 academic year.
- Entries must have been created during the 2016—2017 academic year.
- The competition is open to students from any country.
- Entrants must not have previously won first prize in either of the categories of the competition
- Students may enter as many times as they wish, but may only win one prize.
- Entries must be submitted by the deadline.
- URLs pointing to all contest entries must be active for one year after the annual meeting.
Be sure to check also the Complete Student Dynamic Map Competition Rules.
Have a print map instead? The NACIS Student Poster Competition is for you.