About the competition
Students who’d like to display their works at NACIS 2014 should register for the Student Map and Poster Competition. We encourage all students to submit their maps and technical/research posters for a chance at a prize of $500!
There is no entry fee. All entrants will be displayed in the Map Gallery, and the winner will be selected by a ballot of all meeting attendees.
All entries must be submitted by September 12th at midnight CST. That means you still have 8 days 23 hours 10 minutes left.
Meeting attendees will vote on the entrants, and the winner will be selected by a tally of ballots. The winner will receive a prize of $500 USD. A runner-up will receive an honorable mention. Other non-cash awards may be given out at the discretion of the Student Poster Competition Chair.
- Maps, research posters, and other displays of cartography-related work qualify.
The work must have been completed during the 2013—2014 academic year.
- You do not need to be a student at the time of the meeting, but you must have been a student enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or certificate-granting program when you completed the work.
- To ease space restrictions, please ensure your display is no large than 24″ × 36″.
- If your display exceeds the maximum dimensions, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exemption.
- Attendance at the meeting is not required, but is strongly encouraged. You are responsible for ensuring your poster is at the meeting on time and is set up properly.
- Please contact Martha Bostwick (email@example.com) with any questions.