About the competition
Students who’d like to display their works at NACIS 2015 should register for the Student Map and Poster Competition. We encourage all students to submit their maps and technical/research posters for a chance at one of two $500 prizes!
There are two competition categories: cartographic design quality and research quality. There is no entry fee. All entrants will be displayed in the Map Gallery, and the winners will be selected by a ballot of all meeting attendees.
Registration and Deadline
All entrants must register via the Student Map and Poster Competition Registration Form.
All registration forms must be received by midnight on September 11, 2015 CST.
Meeting attendees will vote on the entrants, and the winner will be selected by a tally of ballots. The winners will receive a prize of $500 USD each. Runners-up will receive honorable mentions. Other non-cash awards may be given out at the discretion of the Student Poster Competition Chair.
- Maps, research posters, and other displays of cartography-related work qualify.
The work must have been completed during the 2014—2015 academic year.
- You do not need to be a student at the time of the meeting, but you must have been a student enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or certificate-granting program when you completed the work.
- To ease space restrictions, please ensure your display is no wider than 48″, and no taller than 36″.
- If your display exceeds the maximum dimensions, you must contact email@example.com to request an exemption.
- Attendance at the meeting is not required, but is strongly encouraged. You are responsible for ensuring your poster is at the meeting on time and is set up properly.
- Please contact Martha Bostwick (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Students may enter as many times as they wish, but may only win one prize.