NACIS COVID-19 Policy – updated August 25, 2021
Please check this page regularly, as updates may occur to reflect the ever-changing COVID-19 situation.
With the uncertainty and anxiety associated with COVID-19 and the current emerging variants, our leadership is guided by the principle of “NACIS is nicest” in our event planning and participation guidelines. With that in mind, we welcome each and every member of the NACIS community to our first-ever hybrid conference!
We have planned extensively to ensure a safe and secure conference experience for all. We are offering both in-person and remote options for presenting and attending the conference to help make everyone comfortable in gathering socially with our community. For those attending in person, we have arranged outdoor venues whenever possible, including Tuesday Night Meetup, NACIS Night Out and Lunch Bunch. Nevertheless, the majority of the conference will be held indoors, and we are calling on your help to make this the safest and nicest experience possible.
In-person attendance requirements
Vaccinations: NACIS requires all non-exempt individuals to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to conference attendance. If you are unable to vaccinate for CDC-approved reasons1, you must have a current (within three (3) days of the conference) negative COVID-19 test.
Masks: In accordance with the CDC’s current recommendation on masking2, we will require that all in-person attendees wear masks in any NACIS event space. This includes, but may not be limited to: presentations, paper sessions, map gallery, receptions, registration desk ‘lobby’ area, and during NACIS sponsored meals, unless you are actively eating/drinking.
We also ask that you follow any hotel-specific rules in other public hotel areas (elevators, lobbies, hallways, etc.) related to masking and occupancy limits.
What is NACIS doing to keep you safe?
- We are in regular contact with the hotel, keeping abreast of the situation and protocols in Oklahoma City. We have asked the hotel for clarification and accommodation on a number of health-related concerns, including policies for staff, handling and serving food, and their sanitization procedures.
- We will have masks available at/near the registration desk for those who have misplaced or forgotten theirs.
- We will provide sanitizing stations and have sanitizing products at/near the registration desk.
- We will wipe down lecterns, microphones, cords and cables, etc. between speakers and sessions.
- We have identified outdoor venues when possible for social events.
- We are promoting on-line voting for student competitions to limit the handling of pens and ballots in person.
- We are carefully considering room capacities and layout to maximize the spacing between attendees.
NACIS COVID-19 waiver
By registering to attend the 41st NACIS Conference in Oklahoma City in person, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. You and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold NACIS or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
We thank you for considering the well-being of our community and look forward to meeting with you in October.