October 17th–20th, 2018
Love maps, data, visual storytelling, and cartographic design?
Make your plans now to participate in the annual meeting of the North American Cartographic Information Society in Norfolk, Virginia. Join professionals and enthusiasts from government, commercial, and not-for-profit groups along with academics, scholars, map/GIS librarians, artists, technologists, and students in our 38th Annual Meeting.
Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel Room Registration is now open!
Norfolk Waterside Marriott special conference rate: $149 USD per night.
Free wifi is provided in hotel rooms and meeting areas.
Self parking is discounted to $15/car/day plus tax, includes in/out access.
235 E. Main Street
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Click here to book your room for the NACIS Annual Meeting.
Plan your visit to Norfolk:
- Tuesday night meetup: Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
- Practical Cartography Day: Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
- NACIS Night Out: The Harbor club. Thursday evening, October 18, 2018
- Main sessions: Thursday, October 18th, 2018 and Friday, October 19th, 2018
- Banquet: Friday evening, October 19th, 2018
- Field trip(s): (To be announced – stay tuned!). Saturday, October 20th, 2018
- Town Point Park Wine Festival: Saturday, October 20th, 2018 and Sunday, October 21, 2018.
NACIS Night Out
Thursday, October 18th, 2018
Be a part of NACIS Night Out (NNO) by attending this annual fun social event. NACIS Night Out is a relaxed environment where you can taste local food, enjoy a beverage, and socialize with 100+ other cartographers. What more fun could you want?
The year’s NNO will be held on Thursday evening (October 18th) at The Harbor Club. The venue is at the newly developed Waterside District directly across the street from the conference hotel.
333 Waterside Dr Suite 200, Norfolk, VA 23510
Phone: (757) 426-7433
Be sure to check out their website for a sampling of their food and drink fare. It is sure to be an enjoyable evening.