About the competition
Students who’d like to display their works at our virtual NACIS 2020 meeting should register for the Student Map and Poster Competition. We encourage all students to submit their maps and cartography-related technical/research posters for a chance at one of two $500 prizes!
There are two competition categories: cartographic design quality and cartographic research quality. There is no entry fee. All entrants will be displayed in the Map Gallery, and the winners will be selected by a ballot of all meeting attendees.
Registration and Deadline
Registration Now Open!
Student Map and Poster Competition Submissions
Entries for the 2019-2020 competition must be received by August 31st, 2020.
For our virtual meeting, we will be in touch after the deadline to arrange for upload of digital images.
Meeting attendees will vote on the entrants, and the winner will be selected by a tally of ballots. The winners will receive a prize of $500 USD each. Runners-up may receive honorable mentions. Other non-cash awards may be given out at the discretion of the Student Poster Competition Chair.
- Maps, cartographic research posters, and other displays of cartography-related work qualify.
The work must have been completed during the 2019—2020 academic year.
- You do not need to be a student at the time of the meeting, but you must have been a student enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or certificate-granting program when you completed the work.
- For our 2020 virtual meeting, size restrictions are lifted as all entries will be digital. Organizers will be in touch with entrants after submission deadline with digital requirements.
- Please contact Mary Beth Cunha or Martha Bostwick ([email protected]) with any questions.
- Students may enter as many times as they wish, but may only win one prize.