Map Gallery 2019!
Once again, at NACIS 2019 in Tacoma we will be assembling a gallery of the very best maps and other cartographic displays that our organization has to offer, and we want you to be a part of it. Dabblers and professionals alike are encouraged to submit their work for display in our Map Gallery.
In addition to the stellar print maps that we regularly showcase in our gallery each year, we encourage you to bring your other creations too – whether they are 3-D art pieces, topographic models, books and atlases, or posters with a QR Code to represent your digital interactive work. If you would like to showcase a digital work, we encourage you to create a small poster that includes a QR code. Your posters will be hung in the gallery along with the print maps, and will be flagged to indicate a digital work to ensure the conference attendees are aware that they have a digital component to them. We will also be publicizing the digital display section in the preliminary program so that people come to the gallery with a QR code reader installed on their devices.
Registration of all works, print, digital or other, is required. Space is not guaranteed if you have not registered your work by the deadline.
Students are highly encouraged to show their work off at NACIS. For the opportunity to win a cash award, they should register their print maps for the Student Map and Poster Competition, or their digital dynamic maps for the Student Dynamic Map Competition.
Registration and Deadline
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 2019!
Entries for the Tacoma 2019 Map Gallery must be received by August 31st, 2019.
No digital upload or mailing of your map is necessary; your map must be present at the NACIS Annual Meeting in Tacoma in 2019.
- To allow space for all participants, please ensure your display has a maximum width of 48″, and a maximum height of 36″.
- If your display exceeds the maximum dimensions, contact email@example.com to request an exemption. For especially large items, we may require that you provide your own display setup.
- A downloadable 17″x11″ sample poster template is available from the registration page, or create your own!
- QR codes can be generated for free from the following website: http://www.qrstuff.com/index.html
Other Cartographic Works:
- Tables will be available for books, atlases, models, etc., but we are unable to provide any other types of stands or easels.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas for a display, and we’ll work out the details!
- There is no digital upload required for your gallery entry (print or digital). You are responsible for printing your map or poster and making sure it gets to the conference.
- Attendance at the conference is not required, but is strongly encouraged. You are responsible for ensuring your display is at the meeting on time, is properly set up, and is taken down at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Please contact Martha Bostwick email@example.com with any questions.